Nanaimo is located in the middle of Vancouver Island. You can travel to Nanaimo by land, air or sea. Both Air Canada and WestJet flights arrive at Nanaimo airport (20 minute drive to hotel). Harbour Air, SeaAir and HeliJet have service from downtown Vancouver or Sea Island (near Vancouver airport) direct to downtown Nanaimo (possible to walk to hotel). Ferry service is from Horseshoe Bay to Departure Bay (10 minute drive to hotel) or from Tsawwassen to Duke Point (15 minute drive to hotel).
Accommodation Options and Special Rates
The convention is being held at the Coast Bastion Hotel, 11 Bastion Street, Nanaimo, BC, Phone 1-‐800-‐663-‐ 1144 or 1-‐250-‐753-‐6601; www.coasthotels.com. The following rates have been negotiated for our convention. To make your reservation, quote the Group Code: CBI-‐GFC17373. Early registration is advised as there are limited rooms available.
Guest Room Block Rates June 12, 2019 -‐ June 16, 2019
Room Single Rate Double Rate Triple Rate Quad Rate Comfort, 2 double beds $139 $139 $149 $159 Superior, 2 double beds $154 $154 $164 $174 Superior, 1 Queen bed $154 $154 $164 $174 Premium, 1 King bed $169 $169 $179 $189
Best Western Gold Rush Inn Booking ID 8282 (867-668-4500)
411 Main St. 20 rooms reserved
$166.50 – Standard Guest Room
$184.50 – Executive Guest Room
- This rate is for single or double occupancy and subject to 5% GST. Additional person charges are $15.00 plus taxes beyond double occupancy.
- These rates will be extended to group members wishing to extend their stay to a maximum of seven days prior to and/or after the convention, subject to availability.
- Rooms must be booked by May 1st 2018 to receive special convention rate
- Any individual having to cancel their reservation must do so by calling the reservation line (as above) within 24 hours and receive a cancellation number with no penalty.
- There is an airport shuttle to these hotels but you may have to wait for a second trip or third trip as many are arriving together. It’s a short wait!
CONVENTION ACCOMODATION OPTIONS AND SPECIAL RATES
The other hotel, which is across the street from the Coast Bastion, is the Best Western Dorchester Hotel. They have offered us rooms at the following rates: Standard room, city view: $159; Standard room, harbour view: $169; Standard double room, harbor view: $189. Quote 5C4AN2W2 when you call 1-‐800-‐661-‐2449 or 1-‐250-‐ 754-‐6835 or email email@example.com. There are several campgrounds in the area: Living Forest Oceanside Campground and RV Park at 6 Maki Road, Nanaimo and Brannen Lake RV Park and Campsite at 4220 Biggs Road, Nanaimo. If you have any questions regarding accommodation, please contact Christa Grillmair at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 1-‐250-‐585-‐7148 or 1-‐250-‐816-‐2430. For great ideas on what to do before or after the convention, check out www.tourismnanaimo.com.
10% discount off the best GoYukon, Saver or Optimum fare available at time of booking. Seat Sale fares do not apply, however, senior’s rate (65 yrs) is applicable on seat sales. When booking online just zero out ‘adult’ and fill in ‘senior’. Watch for seat sales, they come up often!
Booking by phone: 1-800-661-0407
Booking Code: CWLC2018
This offer is valid from June 6th to July 9th., 2018
Air Canada also flies into Whitehorse but we have no booking discount at this time.
Within walking distance to Sacred Heart Cathedral and Convention Hotel:
1. Westmark Whitehorse – 201 Wood St. 867-393-9700
2. Town and Mountain Hotel – 401 Main St. 867-668-7644
3. Stratford Motel – 401 Jarvis St. 867-667-4243
1. Days Inn – 2288 2nd. Ave. 867-668-4747
2. Yukon Inn – 4220 4th Ave. 867-667-2527
3. Skky Hotel – 90622 Alaska Hwy (across from the airport) 867-456-2400
***June 21st is Aboriginal Day and the Adaka Cultural Festival is taking place in Whitehorse so hotel rooms are scarce. Please try to make your reservations as soon as you can.
There are several campgrounds and RV Parks in close proximity to the Coast High Country Inn.
1. High Country RV Park – 867-667-7445 Full Service $25-$43 per night. About 10 minute drive to Convention Hotel.
2. Pioneer RV Park – 867-668-5944 Full Service (no sewer) $18-$35 per night plus GST. 8 kms south of Whitehorse on the Alaska Highway About 15 minute drive to Convention Hotel)
3. Cariboo RV Park -867-668-2961 Full Service $20-$45 per night. 21 kms south of Whitehorse on the Alaska Highway. Wolf’s Den Restaurant on site – recommended** About 20 minute drive to Convention Hotel
4. Takhini Hot Springs Campground – 867-456-8004 Extra feature of Hot Springs pool (20% discount for campers) café, electricity, sani dump, water. $20-$37 per night. North of Whitehorse on Hotsprings Road About ½ hour from Convention Hotel.
5. Wolf Creek Campground – this is a Yukon Gov’t campground, no services, firewood and water pump available, pets OK $12/site
12 kms south of Whitehorse on the Alaska Highway – 15-20 minutes from Convention Hotel
Some of these campgrounds are closed for the season so you may get an answering service or no answer till we shake the snow and cold!
There are many activities to enjoy in Whitehorse, and if you’re planning to stay longer, a trip to Skagway Alaska and beyond is worthwhile. Don’t forget your passport!
Just minutes from the Coast High Country Inn there is a 5km walking trail along the Yukon River. We will be arranging for a guide on Wednesday, June 20th if you’d like to take in the Millenium Trail, about 1 hour. Pack your sneakers and camera.
We have other activities to enjoy, golfing, the Wildlife Preserve, Takhini Hotsprings, the Adaka Cultural Festival in Shipyards park and many more.
Activities have not been included on the registration form, but will be arranged later if there is enough interest. Watch the website for updates!
We can’t wait to see you!!!