Provincial League Development Fund
- The purpose of this fund is to assist provincial and diocesan councils in educating members at diocesan and parish council levels about the scope and responsibilities of Officers and Chairpersons of Standing Committees.
- Presenters will be provided by BC & Yukon Provincial and/or Diocesan councils with all expenses paid. Presenters will be responsible for submitting their own expense form to the Provincial Treasurer with a copy to the Chairperson of the Development Fund Committee.
- Requests for funding will be evaluated on an individual basis by the Development Fund Committee as outlined on the application form. This committee currently consists of the President-Elect, and 1st and 2nd Vice Presidents of the BC & Yukon Provincial council.
- In order to encourage maximum participation, a claim may be made under transportation to cover travel expenses for members attending the workshop.
- Applications will be accepted as long as funds are available, and must be received at least six weeks prior to the proposed date of the event.
- A council may apply once per year.
7. The following steps must be followed when applying for funding:
a) Each applicant council must completely fill out the application form stating the estimated amount of funding needed to effectively conduct the workshop(s), and attach a copy of the proposed agenda.
b) The fully executed application must be forwarded to the Provincial Organization Chairperson for approval, with a copy sent to the Diocesan President. If the application is approved by the LDF committee the Provincial Organization Chairperson will notify the applicant, provincial and diocesan president and the provincial treasurer. The applicant will also receive the Report of Workshop form.
c) As soon as possible after the workshop, the Report of Workshop and scanned copies of all receipts must be forwarded directly to the Provincial Organization Chairperson in order to receive reimbursement for expenses.
*In some cases the council submitting the application may require the funds in advance of holding the event. These cases will be approved on an individual basis and when funds are given prior to the event the council will be responsible for returning all unused funds to the provincial treasurer.*
d) Unsuccessful applicants will be notified with suggestions for further action.